Thursday 29 January 2009

The first run

Today was the first full run through of the show but instead of feeling jubilant at the fact that we had managed to create all this material we actually felt somewhat panicked. We didn't feel our story made sense, we felt the individual stories lacked something, even though we all each had our own interview material and live stage action. However when we showed it as a scratch we learnt that we had worried too much, we discovered that the audience made sense of the story as a whole and made sense of the individual aspects of the characters stories. They found it entertaining and enjoyable. We were pleasently surprised at this reaction and also found their feedback incredibly useful.

I did feel somewhat worried about my story however because I tell the story which is then aided by the mexican band but they became the entire focus of the scene and I found it very hard to bring the audinces attention back to me, their presense was quite over powering on my character. I flagged this up as I felt quite uncomfortable in this scene as I felt no one was listening to my story, therefore we decided that the scene needed to be developed and reworked so that my character still had the status and main focus in the scene.

No comments: